If you are a passionate indoor volleyball player, you know that there are certain factors that are integral to the game. One of them is the volleyball ball itself. There are a range of volleyball ball brands on the market, however each brand has its own speciality and type of balls. These brands make both indoor and outdoor volleyballs, on this page we spend time looking at each brands indoor volleyball ball. Please note that we only analyse the best of the best volleyball brands – a good volleyball is integral to the game and its the one thing you shouldn’t cheap out here.
Quick Summary of the best indoor volleyballs for 2023:
|Volleyball Make and Model||Quick Summary|
|1. Mikasa MVA200||Used by the International Volleyball Federation and in the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and Rio 2016 Olympic Games|
|2. Tachikara SV5WSC Sensi-Tec||It is made with microfiber and leather materials with fibers fused to the resin, which without being slippery or sticky, maintain control of the ball leaving a good feel.|
|3. Molten Classic||It has a hexagonal surface layer to minimize friction and optimize its stability during flight. It has an elegant design in red, white and green and is perfect for indoor use.|
|4. Molten FLISTATEC||This indoor volleyball is the official ball of the NCAA Men’s Volleyball Championship|
|5. YANYODO Official Size 5||This volleyball is easy to control thanks to its lightweight and soft yet durable design|
|6. Molten Premium||This indoor volleyball is NCAA approved, making it one of the best.|
|7. Vetra Volleyball Soft Touch||This volleyball is designed for indoor and outdoor use as well as recreational play.|
|8. Runleaps Soft Indoor Volleyball||Perfect for all weather types, waterproof and perfect for pool play.|
|9. Molten V5M4000||It offers a soft and smooth surface, in order to provide optimal contact with players’ hands without causing any damage.|
|10. Wilson K1 Gold||It is resistant and durable thanks to its leather cover that allows it to withstand intense and constant indoor training.|
Difference between Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball Balls
Most people think that these two types of balls are interchangeable – nothing can be more different than the reality. Outdoor volleyball balls have to withstand wind and have to be waterproof – especially if used at a beach. they are usually heavier in weight. They are also more usually hand stitched. On the other hand indoor volleyball balls are usually glued and molded making them a lot more smooth and tougher.
Also more importantly, the regulations are different for both:
- USAV sets regulations for indoor volleyball.
- FIVB sets the regulations for beach volleyball.
- Material: Synthetic or Leather Material
- Inner Bladder: Rubber or similar
- Size: Both have the same size specs
- Weight: Both have the same weight specs on average, but outdoor volleyballs may be a bit heavier.
- Pressure: Indoor Volleyballs should hold more pressure
- Color: Indoor volleyballs must have uniform or a combination of colors. Beach volleyballs must be made of bright colors to increase visibility when playing in the sun.
When choosing a new volleyball you will notice that there is a diversity of brands and models, in this post we will compare different indoor volleyballs so you can choose the ideal one for you.
Mikasa MVA200 is one of the best indoor volleyballs for players and coaches. It was used by the International Volleyball Federation and in the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
It is made with microfiber material with special aerodynamic dimples placed throughout the surface that creates turbulence in the air, allowing for better handling and the ball to fly through the air for better spin.
- It is quite strong, durable and comfortable to handle.
- Designed with “Anti-sweat” technology to not absorb moisture, allowing better grip and preventing slipping.
- This model is designed for advanced players.
With 4.8 stars, Tachikara Composite SV-5WSC is one of the favorites of many players. It is durable, easy to handle and soft to the touch indoor volleyball.
It is made with microfiber and leather materials with fibers fused to the resin, which without being slippery or sticky, maintain control of the ball leaving a good feel.
In addition, it has a patented loose bladder system for excellent responsiveness and better ball flight. All this and more makes it offer an unmatched level of playability for players of all ages.
- Resistant, durable.
- Ideal for all ages.
- Variety of designs.
- No soft touch outer layer.
This is one of the most versatile and best indoor volleyballs. It is a size 5 volleyball made of synthetic leather for optimal precision in the spiking, in addition to microfiber and butyl rubber.
It has a hexagonal surface layer to minimize friction and optimize its stability during flight. It has an elegant design in red, white and green and is perfect for indoor use.
- Declared as the official ball of this discipline in the United States.
- Official ball of the Royal Spanish Volleyball Federation and regulation size.
- No built-in inflator, so you will have to inflate it some other way.
This volleyball is the official indoor volleyball ball of the NCAA Men’s Volleyball Championship for its high performance, innovation and unmatched craftsmanship.
It features special flight stability technology. It has a premium microfiber composite cover whose design maintains ample control, allows for greater visibility, higher flight and excellent ball control handling and grip.
This is thanks to the fact that it can optimize the airflow around it when in flight by significantly reducing its irregular flight patterns due to the placement of raised hexagon-shaped designs on its surface.
- Retains air for an extended period.
- It is stable and has an incredible grip.
- For optimal performance, additional inflation may be required.
This volleyball is easy to control thanks to its lightweight and soft yet durable design. It is sewn with machine stitching technology to provide uniformity.
The outer shell is made of PU for maximum comfort to prevent or reduce arm pain while the lining offers greater stability, wear and heat resistance. And thanks to its aerodynamic design it allows stable turns.
- The lining is made of rubber imported from Southeast Asia.
- This lightweight training volleyball has a soft feel, ideal for any player.
- This volleyball does not come inflated so; you will need to inflate it using a pump.
This indoor volleyball is NCAA approved, making it one of the best.
It is designed with a microfiber cover and development wrapped in uni-bladder cotton provides excellent performance and air control, while maintaining a soft feel.
- Excellent for young players or beginners.
- Available in different colors.
- Weather conditions, indoor use only.
This volleyball is designed for indoor and outdoor use as well as recreational play. Its one of the highest rated balls on Amazon.
It has a durable and resistant construction thanks to its high quality PVC material, which allows it to hold air, and keep the inflated ball free of leaks.
It is also soft to the touch and offers maximum grip thanks to its soft touch technology and has an official size and weight.
- High quality PVC material.
- Comes in two colors.
- Does not come inflated, the pin attachment is not included.
This is one of the best indoor volleyballs because it features high quality materials that make it soft, comfortable, elastic, heat and age resistant, and more.
Thanks to its design it can be used anywhere regardless of the weather, it has high strength stitching that offers greater durability. It is also waterproof and perfect for pool play.
It has the official standard size and is ideal for any type of players from amateurs, beginners to professionals.
- It has stability in volleyball flights
- It is perfect for all types of spaces, especially indoors.
- The volleyball comes deflated; make sure you have access to a needle inflation.
It is made of synthetic leather material with a PVC coating, which provides optimal precision both in the plays and in the spike.
It has internal layers and its machine-stitched external assembly process provides greater resistance to wear and tear.
It offers a soft and smooth surface, in order to provide optimal contact with players’ hands without causing any damage.
- Interior made with a butyl chamber that keeps the pressure stable.
- Ideal for all types of players
- Some buyers miss a needle to inflate the ball when needed.
10. Wilson K1 Gold
The Wilson volleyball its weight and size make it ideal for any player.
It is resistant and durable thanks to its leather cover that allows it to withstand intense and constant indoor training and greater control of the ball in addition to its internal lining that maximizes power and speed through the transfer of kinetic energy.
This performance keeps players from slowing down and making the most of every play.
- Professional, tough and durable.
- ideal for high-level indoor competition.
- Not the best choice for beginners.