Volleyball, a very demanding and exciting sport but also, with many risks of injury, especially in the ankle by the utility required to develop the game. Ankle injuries are very common as they can occur at any second by a bad position of the foot, which can lead to a serious sprain, even the most experienced players can get hurt. This is why we also recommend knee pads.
With volleyball ankle braces, you won’t have to worry about these accidents.
In this post, we bring you the best volleyball ankle braces that ought to provide you with good ankle support, compression, protection and comfort so you can play a safer game.
What should the best volleyball ankle pads look like?
- Materials: neoprene offers stability and flexibility at different temperatures, it is resistant to degradation, twisting or bending. And the absorbent microfiber fabric can retain and absorb large amounts of liquid while keeping the surface clean.
- Durability: you need an ankle brace that will hold up to the way you play.
- Purpose: whether it’s to prevent injury or help you recover from one.
- Volleyball position: if your position involves putting more pressure on your ankles you will need it to be durable.
- Adjustability: you need a comfortable fit while still allowing for mobility during play.
5 Best Volleyball Ankle Braces
This is the best volleyball ankle brace because it is quite popular with players who need an older level of protection and support for their ankles. You just need to give yourself a few extra minutes to put it on correctly, and you’re ready to go to an anklet of sorts.
This ankle brace has a correct fit thanks to adjustable fasteners to provide an individualized fit and excellent medial and lateral stability.
It is designed with ANTI-ROLL AND ANTI-SPRAIN technology for better support, and ANTI-MIGRATION technology to prevent the ankle from rolling in or out.
- Highly durable
- The choice of professionals
- Anatomically correct fit
- It can be an expensive option
Zamst is extremely durable and provides unmatched support and protection. It is easier to put on, it is also a little cheaper and will give you the support and protection you need when playing.
This ankle brace is tough, wears in seconds and will protect you for hours allowing for a high range of motion.
Soft shell technology is very form-fitting and durable throughout several seasons.
- Easy to put on
- With good care it can last for years
- You can get these ankle braces in black and white.
- May squeak a bit after a few months, but it’s nothing a little lube can’t fix
This is the most popular model of the brand, especially among volleyball players near the net for the jumps, blocks and spikes they perform.
This is one of the best volleyball ankle braces because it provides a great amount of support without impeding movement, especially from front to back. Its bilateral anatomical hinge allows for a full range of foot movement up and down.
It has a unique quick-adjust strap that is adjustable for both different types of shoes. And it fits any foot!
Features a custom molded EVA cushioning and lightweight feather-light padding that can be comfortably adjusted.
- Can be worn on any foot
- Allows for a full range of motion
- Needs time to adapt
The Mizuno DXS2 are among the best volleyball ankle pads for comfort and free mobility.
A very stable ankle brace, it has three separate straps that provide stability and support: V-shaped, under the heel, and Anchored Wrap.
Inserts for lateral stability for the old are available as an option.
It is constructed with antibacterial and deodorant material, so it will need less washing than other ankle guards.
- Longer-lasting freshness thanks to an antibacterial design
- Allows more freedom of movement
- A little confusing to put on at first
These ankle braces allow for good support and instant relief, less pain, swelling and comfort.
The compression technology of this ankle brace increases circulation and provides stable support in all the right areas.
It is thin, so you can wear it with any shoe and under socks because it is lightweight and breathable.
It also has a pleasant, ergonomic fit without cutting off circulation owing to its superior ComfortFlex design.
- Lightweight and breathable
- Instant relief
- Fulfills its function very well although some customers prefer a tighter fit.
Is it necessary for all volleyball players to wear ankle braces?
Volleyball players are very likely to suffer from ankle bursitis due to the mobility required by the game. If the ankle does not move properly or is not adequately supported, it will weaken, increasing the risk of further problems later on. To avoid or prevent any accident or injury, it is necessary to perform warm-up exercises and use ankle braces to strengthen muscles and ligaments.
Types of anklets for volleyball
When choosing an ankle brace you should always consider the type according to your needs whether they should be straps, sleeved braces, hybrids and lace supports, each will help you in a certain way.
- Sock: is the simplest design and unique to all, being easy to put on and very effective, works more for the recovery of an injury.
- Mechanical: has supports with straps with repositionable fasteners that are usually fastened around the ankle and is ideal for injury prevention, it is the best option for play.
- Gel/air Pockets: are a comfortable orthopedic model, suitable for healing by decreasing swelling and providing support and compression.