Volleyball is a sport in which you must make constant use of arms and hands to practice it, especially in repetitive overhead movements. As a result, injuries in this area can happen at any time.
Therefore, if you want to have a safe game and reduce injuries, muscle aches or other ailments you need to wear the right protective gear. Today we look at the best volleyball elbow pads to protect, well, your elbows!
In this post, you will find our top 3 of the best volleyball elbow pads and the best arm sleeves.
Top 3 Best Volleyball Elbow Pads
1. Mizuno MZO Elbow Pads : Sports & Outdoors
Mizuno MZO elbow guards provide full elbow coverage and better safety.
They measure 7 1/4 inches long and are made of 85% polyester and 15% spandex. They are breathable, well padded, will protect you from most impacts and give you more freedom in the game.
- It is Breathable
- free mobility
- The pads are short
2. Tandem Sport Volleyball Elbow Pads
Tandem Sport elbow pads are known among players for their excellent padding that prevents bruising.
The Tandem Sport are considered one of the best elbow pads for volleyball because it is made with soft and flexible foam that slides easily. They are lightweight, comfortable, and perfect for an extreme player who needs to move freely, has a comfortable fit, and are ideal for hard courts where constant elbow-to-floor contact is made.
- Prevents painful burns caused by contact of the elbow with the floor
- It is flexible and allows you to move freely
- Can be machine washed
- It is little tight for some players
3. HiRui Elbow Pads for Kids, Youth and Adults
Hirui elbow guards come in a variety of sizes, so if your problem is finding the perfect fit, these are ideal for you.
Offer maximum protection and pain relief. These elbow pads feature a stretch fabric; thick honeycomb pads protect the elbow from scratches and impacts. Increases blood flow and circulation in the arm, regulates body temperature, allows for quick recovery and more.
- Lightweight, highly elastic design technology
- Maximum flexibility and protection
- Some sizes may be too tight for some players
Top 3 best Volleyball Arm Sleeves
1. Mizuno Arm Sleeves, Black, OSFM
Mizuno’s sleeves are long and extend from the biceps to the forearms, so they provide older protection when blocking, digging or passing.
It decreases sting from ball impact. They are made of moisture-wicking material, so they are comfortable to wear for long periods of time and help regulate temperature on the court.
- Comfortable and easy to put on and take off
- Do not slip when sweating
- May be slightly oversized for children
2. FitsT4 Volleyball Arm Sleeves- Passing Forearm Sleeves
For younger volleyball players these are the best arm sleeves.
The sleeves provide ample cushioning to absorb the ball strike due to their thick 3mm neoprene padding. Available in either 10″ or 12″. They are also comfortable, due to their stretchy construction, and are breathable thanks to their breathable nylon spandex material.
- Easy to put on and take off
- They are soft and padded
- Easy to wash
- Some players prefer them to be a little bit longer
3. Tandem Sport Volleyball Passing Sleeve
Tandem Sport passing sleeves are an excellent choice for players who are just starting out or improving their game.
Made of 57% nylon and 43% spandex, they have a stretchy, comfortable fit. Each sleeve includes a target for volleyball players to have the correct contact area with the ball. A thumb hole is included for secure installation. Protects from floor burns and recurring volleyball contact pain.
- They are easy to put on and pleasant to wear for long periods of time.
- Good choice for beginners
- Not as well-padded as alternatives
Difference between Volleyball Elbow Pads & Arm Sleeves
Although they look similar, the two serve different functions.
Elbow pads usually have more padding to cushion landings where there is an impact of the elbow with the ground, or to accelerate recovery from an injury. It is an excellent protection for liberos and defensive specialists who perform these types of movements.
Arm sleeves on the other hand, do not protect the elbow and are not as well-padded as the elbow pads. Their function is to decrease the impact of the ball while maintaining control of the pass; so you can play with concentration and confidence that you will be able to intervene without fear.
They provide a better sensation of agility and control of our body by keeping the muscles of the arms “tucked in”.
What are the functions of elbow pads and arm sleeves?
- Pads for pain relief: elbow pads and arm sleeves significantly relieve injuries, or discomfort after practice, thanks to their compression in the area, which reduces pain and inflammation. However, these should not be overly padded, as this would make it difficult to move and play. They need to have the ideal balance for perfect cushioning and mobility for comfortable play on the court.
- Protection: they have different materials such as gel, padding or sponge, to prevent injuries or accidents in the elbow and keep it stable.
- Recovery: after an intense practice, discomfort in the arm is common, and the elbow pads provide beneficial compression garments for recovery and healing of muscles and joints.
- Compression: they increase blood circulation in the arms, reduce impact and muscle vibration, which reduces fiber oscillation.
- Durability: they must be tough and durable to protect you during long hours of play and withstand repeated use.
- Flexibility: Wearing elbow pads or arm sleeves does not mean that play cannot continue as usual. The best volleyball elbow pads or arm sleeves allow for a full range of motion, while protecting arms and elbows from bruising and eliminating ball strikes.
- Breathability: the best volleyball elbow pads and arm sleeves have materials that wick moisture, keep you dry, and turn sweat into vapor, so sweat escapes and evaporates while keeping you cool at the same time.
- Are Elbow pads good for volleyball?
Any protective gear in sport is a good idea. The main reason elbow pads are good for volleyball is that they may prevent injury from falling.
- Do Arm Sleeves help in volleyball?
The main benefits of compression sleeves is to prevent swelling and enhance blood circulation. In the long run this may help with muscle fatigue.
- What are sleeves do players wear?
Most players wear either compression sleeves or passing sleeves.
- Are volleyball sleeves worth it?
Volleyball sleeves can absolutely be worth the cost, especially if they allow you to play with significant exhaustion over longer games.